- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Resume Privacy
- Your Profile Information
- Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Pixel
- Links to Other Websites
- International Data Transfers
- How Your Information is Protected
- Children’s Privacy
All personal information collected by the OnTheBallPersonnel is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”). Employment Services Providers contracted to the OnTheBallPersonnel and the providers’ subcontractors are required to comply with the Privacy Act.
WHAT PERSONNEL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Personal Information provided by you (such as via a resume uploaded to our Site or a job application sent using our Site) or collected from third party sources as described below.
- Publically available data about you from third party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We may collect this information from your resume or in the manner described below.
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Technical information about your use of our sites or apps, as described below.
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including directly from you via our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties, as well as from publicly available information.
Many people invest significant time and energy to promote their professional reputation through public forums on the Internet. We gather information relevant to your career history and work experience from these widely dispersed publicly available sources, including social media sites you may be part of, forming a “Profile”. Although we may generate a Profile about you based on publicly available information, we also will include the information that you provide personally. The use of these Profiles are limited to recruitment lead generation and may not be used for determinations about employment or other eligibility.
If you decide to use any of our services, and if you authorize us to do so, we will collect your social media profile information, including your social network site user ID, work email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names. You may be asked to enter this information directly, or we can automatically collect it by syncing to your social media profiles. We request this information so that we may automate completion of registration forms or job applications with information stored in your social media profile. In addition, when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons or as provided to the app by your device’s operating system, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect automatically via the Sites can include:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
Note that your Personal Information may also be automatically collected, and used, as described in the “Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers” section below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your Profiles on our database.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Maintain your resume and/or Profile and make it available to recruiters through our products and services as described below in “Information We Share.”
- Supplement your Profile with publicly available information.
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Sites.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you based on your interests as expressed previously through your job search behavior and preferences.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
- Analyze trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally, and provide these analytics to customers of certain OnTheBallPersonnel products and services.
- Optimize our site search engine results and permit search engine access to public Profile information.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce our Sites’ Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
All users should be aware that when they choose to disclose or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Sites or any other distribution method, that information, in rare cases, be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers are required by contract or law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. Where we have knowledge that a service provider or partner is using or disclosing Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with this Policy, OnTheBallPersonnel will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such improper use and/or disclosure.
OnTheBallPersonnel preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of OnTheBallPersonnel, employees, other users of the Sites, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of the Sites; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of OnTheBallPersonnel.
We may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymized or de-identified data about our users and use such data to prepare reports for our users (typically recruiters or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymized or de-identified data to track trends in the labor market as well as use of our products and services. Some Aggregate Data analytics reports can be used to better understand individual Profiles. We also use third party analytics services to help better understand the use of our sites, which is further described in the Cookies section below.
YOUR PROFILE INFORMATION
OnTheBallPersonnel takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is reliable for its intended use; as well as being current, accurate, and complete. As part of maintaining Personal Information which is accurate, current, and complete; we need your help. If you know that your Personal Information which you have provided to us is no longer accurate or complete, and you cannot update or correct the data via the Sites, please let us know by contacting us via the point of contact described. We cannot be responsible for the accuracy or completeness of information whose source OnTheBallPersonnel does not control.
COOKIES, TRACKING CHOICES AND THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, which is placed on a website or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to these Sites and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and OnTheBallPersonnel encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. OnTheBallPersonnel does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
Our Site does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. However, to help prevent and limit the automatic collection of information by any participating third party advertisers, including the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services, you may opt-out of such collection by clicking the Ad Choices icon located within the ad, by accessing the “about ads” opt-out site, or by accessing the NAI opt-out site. Please note that this opt-out is cookie-based. If you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete this cookie, you will need to perform the opt-out task again.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help us analyze how users use our services. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the service will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. We notify you that IP-anonymisation is activated for this service. Thus, your IP-address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP-address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on Website-Activity and providing us other services related to the usage of our services. The IP-address that your Browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
If you send us an email, we will use the personal data received within for the purpose of processing your request. By use of state of the art technology, we take care for that your data stored in our systems is protected from unauthorized access by third parties. However, please be aware that unencrypted emails that are sent via the internet are not adequately protected from unlawful access by third parties during transit. Alternatively, you may use our contact form, to which the information provided in the “Contact Us” section of this policy applies.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by OnTheBallPersonnel. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by OnTheBallPersonnel, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We will not intentionally disclose your personal information will to any overseas recipients when it is unjustifiable. However, you should be aware that employers’ organizations may be a registered legal entity outside Australia.
Further, users who access your information also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information. By using the Sites you hereby affirmatively consent to the processing of your Personal Information in a country which may not have the same level of privacy protection as your country of residence.
OnTheBallPersonnel remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Act Principles if OnTheBallPersonnel’s third-party agents process personal data on OnTheBallPersonnel’s behalf in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless OnTheBallPersonnel demonstrates that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
OnTheBallPersonnel employs administrative, modern technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage or processing of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private or secure. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
To further protect information, you should take general precautions and limit access to your personal information on your computer. Endeavor to close your browser window, clear browser history and cached data after accessing our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your personal information via any other means, channel, web service, or email address.
We will not intentionally collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Sites. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.